Wednesday, July 8, 2015

They're Here!

Oh OH OH!!! My new Venus Flytrap and my Drosena intermedia "Cuba" (Sundew) are here! This is what they looked like when I took them out of the box. They came from California Carnivores, and they sure know how to carefully pack the babies!


After unwrapping the tape and plastic, and removing the plastic cups, I saw two tiny, perfect plants! First, the Venus Flytrap - my B52, named (obviously) Love Shack.


It's so tiny! (Yeah, that's a DIME!) But the traps will eventually grow to be a couple of inches long. Woohoo!

Next, the Sundew - Drosera intermedia "Cuba." I do not yet have a name - y'all email me if you think of the perfect name for my perfect wee Sundew, okay?


Of course, I unpacked these cuties while listening to the B52s song, "Love Shack." My dog Ripley got into the song as well, and barked while I sang. (Or maybe she was simply trying to drown out my off-keyness. Who knows?)

The B52's Love Shack - Go ahead, click the link. You know you want to!


No comments:

Post a Comment